Skip to main content

Time..

..time is passing by with such velocity!

So..yes - I´m during my dreamed project in Spain, Ourense. Working for Friends of the Earth in Galicia (Amigos da Terra). Uhh, loads to say, but no point in mentioning everything though (would take to many precious paragraphs). I´m really happy to be here, really, so many new things: cultural, landscape, from daily living... Irreplaceable. Getting to know so many different stuff everyday! So far it was mostly: office time but, separately from the "work", I had so many opportunities to travel that I grabbed, even if I´ve been here just for 2,5 month. Galicia is really picturesque, a bit too rainy for my taste (I wasn´t expecting it to be THAT constantly rainy hehe). Recently the weather changed for the better but we will see how it goes with the time. Apparently the summer is supposed to be infernal, is said to be comparable with Andalucia. Ohh My God!! I´ll have to find the way to escape these insupportable conditions ;)

Let´s see how the whole project is gonna change my mindset. I´m finding out about so many outrageous and shocking issues constantly that... I hope to change this shithole called the World, one day.

Soon I will take care of the blog a little bit more as, like Jedrek said: I should practice before going to India - where I plan to write one as well surely. 

By the way... WE ´VE GOT TICKETS TO DELHI! 217 days to departure left!! :) :)

Dreams come true, all what you can think of is possible! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We

We live in England, in the countryside for the moment, but moving around quite often. Living out of the city is something we find most pleasant and the window-views are soothing all the w orries one may have :) We are trying to reduce our environmental impact, buy local veggies and eggs as much as possible, tend a little garden - we have a few planting beds for our own (with herbs and veg), we make compost and apple juice (from seasonal apples from the grove) and try to reduce waste - which is not an easy thing, here in this part of the UK at least. Except from traveling scribbles, I will be updating my/our attempts of zero-waste attitude and becoming more and more self-/sustainable.  Peace! ^^   Me  - Nati A crazy bun, you all possibly know me so there's not much need to introduce myself. Nevertheless, in case you don't, I'm a tremendously calm person, with loads of patience and life resilience.... naaahh, not quite ;)  I'm proud of being a postgrad

Basque Country - inland / hilly landscapes

Further on we went. From the seashore we headed inland where a few nice spots awaited us. Every day was brining some new curiosities. From the shore, Gaztelugatxe, we went along the coast down to Bakio to have a coffee and to take a shower on the beach ;) Very refreshing one indeed, as it wasn't too sunny.  Later the same morning we headed towards Burgos, going round Bilbao, to the Nervión waterfall ( es )- the biggest waterfall on the Iberian Peninsula, with a single drop of 222 m ! Very impressive it was, indeed, although at that time of dry season there was no water at all, to our surprise ;)  Nevertheless the river's canyon itself was just breath-taking and was making you think about the earth's magnitude and grand self-creation forces.  On the way... leaving the coast for good right before the Nervión there were herds of horses all around <3 After dismounting the motorbike and a short visit in the visitors centre we took a long, a few kilomet

Galician countryside - our ongoing project

I haven't been here for a while, one can probably guess...I was quite busy doing all sorts of things ;) But how engaging, adventurous and exciting!  Starting from the beginning, we've settled quite well by now in our village in southern Galicia. We are on the brink of this particular region, very much adjacent to northern Portugal. Couto Mixto is just next to where we live and that's the area where not that long ago people could choose which nationality they wanted to have, at the time of getting married. Anyway, just to get you guys through, I will better go for the pictures instead of writing too much. The garden area is what, apart from the house, was engaging us a lot and mostly these months, since we got here. We were planning ahead and designing the whole garden space, planting using different techniques like i.e. companion planting and bio-intensive gardening (not foot square though ;)), raised beds, hugelkultur (a bit flattened) and key-hole beds. We also